Thanks to the contributions of other hackers I’m announcing the 0.2 release of the Grails countries plugin. The changes:
A common requirement in many applications is to deal with countries and/or continents. The plugin’s goal is to apply the DRY principle to these requirements.
In short, the plugin offers:
- populated domain classes for countries and continents
- i18n for continent and country names (for now, only en and de locales). Currently there are 190 countries available.
- tags for simple usage of
- localized names for countries and continents
- select boxes: for all countries, for all continents, for all countries of a continent or for a defined set of countries. The select box contents are automatically sorted by the the localized country/continent name.
- homepage: http://www.grails.org/plugin/countries
- sources: http://github.com/sarmbruster/grails-countries-plugin
For bug reports please use http://jira.codehaus.org, project “GrailsPlugins”, component “countries”.
Update: since the initial release requires the usage of Grails 1.3.4-SNAPSHOT a bugfix release 0.1.1 has been release shortly afterwards. 0.1.1 should work with Grails >= 1.0.